Passport Requirements

As you may be aware, the US is legislating passports for land travel into the US beginning June 1, 2009. Passports are presently required for air travel. Currently, a photo ID and birth certificate are required to enter the US by land entry.

Therefore after June 1, 2009 anyone traveling into the US will require a passport, regardless of the originating country.The Canadian officials require a photo ID and birth certificate to enter into Canada. They are not currently legislating passports, however it is advisable to obtain one. A passport is confirmation of citizenship and does not authorize travel if you have a criminal record. A felony or misdemeanour may prevent travel across the border. Anyone that has been arrested, fingerprinted or convicted of a criminal offence should contact us to determine eligibility. Please ensure that you begin the paperwork well in advance to avoid delays or being denied entry. Anyone not holding a passport at this time will likely be able to cross into Canada but may not be able to travel back into the US.

For assistance with obtaining permission to cross the border, please contact Lucy Perillo at:

R3Y 1M6

At Chapleau Lodge, the opportunities are endless, and that adds up to a great vacation spot for the sportsman or the whole family,

phone Book Your Trip Summer: (705) 864-1283
Winter: (519) 358-2170

map Lodge AddressChapleau Lodge
Lodge Rd, Chapleau
ON P0M 1K0, Canada

cloud Weather Forecast Borden Lake Weather Forecast »

credit_card Buy Fishing License Fishing license required, available for purchase HERE »